Have a website, blog, or online store with content you want to be seen by more relevant potential customers? Search engine optimization (SEO) can help. SEO is one of today’s most important inbound components for successful website marketing online.
Google provides SEO best practices for companies and website owners to effectively optimize their website content for search engines, and as a result, improve their search engine ranking visibility. Through optimizing your website for SEO and taking vital on-site and off-site factors into account, your website will end up improving its user experience, user design, relevancy to the right users, page linking structure, load speed, usability, and more.
Why is Search Engine Optimization Necessary?
- Your website becomes easier to find by potential online customers.
- A growing, high volume of users are searching for solutions in Google.
- Google and other search engines will continue to grow and be utilized.
- Your website will earn recurring traffic when ranking for 1st-page terms.
- SEO and social promotion complement each other’s effectiveness.
- Increase your brand visibility and stay top of mind versus competition.
- Your website isn’t just a brochure, it’s a powerful lead generation tool to invest into.
Some SEO Facts to Understand
Here are some key SEO facts from HubSpot to take note of regarding SEO:
- 75% of SEO is off-page and 25% is on-page.
- 91% of US Internet users search every month.
- Page titles are the most important on-page element after content.
- Persuasive meta descriptions up to 155 character increase click-through rates. (Google now recommends up to 300 characters.)
- The top 5 results get 75% of the clicks.
- Google+ is the highest correlated social factor for SEO ranking.
SEO Supports Inbound Marketing
Some of the above data points may change in accuracy over time. Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines continue to update their systems and search result algorithms. SEO will continue to be a strong inbound method for getting your brand in front of some of the most interested potential customers. Search engine optimization also reinforces your company’s other inbound marketing activities like social media marketing, search engine marketing, and email marketing.